Monday 8 October 2012

Stained glass beasties; a redux

I found my original post! December 2008, ouch. But I at least got a couple finished off!

Enfield    Kelpie     An enfield (left) and a kelpie (right).

As well as a borough in London, the enfield is a heraldic beastie, made up of fox, eagle, and wolf, occasionally with some greyhound and lion in it too. The kelpie, or each uisge, is the carnivorous water horse of celtic myth. You could always identify a kelpie by the sand and shells in its mane. (Presumably, if you dared to get close enough?)
As ever, I'm somewhat dissatisfied by the enfield's blobby "magic" and will probably rework it.

To answer Anna's question (I can't get on FA right now): they're tall, skinny pictures because that way they'll fit on a particular brand of stickers. I like to get things printed so I can hide them inside things I put in the post (like... Christmas cards, haha) as little extras.

Technically not "Beasts of Yore" but since that's now out of print, and it's a similar theme if nothing else...

No comments: